The NRA Basic Safety courses are sanctioned by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and conducted by Certified NRA instructors employed by www.dochollyday.com. They provide students with practical knowledge and skills needed to safely pursue further interest with a particular firearm classification or advanced activities related to those interests. Students completing these courses will achieve a solid foundation in the particular firearm classification (i.e. Pistol, Rifle, or Shotgun), or for non-firearm specific courses, gain a thorough understanding of the concepts widely accepted for that subject matter.
What You Take Home
All NRA Basic Firearm Safety courses include a complete set of educational materials specific to the discipline being taught, including:
- Discipline specific handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules Brochure
- Student Exam (except Home Firearm Safety)
- Basic Firearm Training Program Brochure
- Course Completion Certificate (if completed)
- Basic Practical Rocker (if earned) and Flyer
- Marksmanship Qualification Program Booklet
NRA Basic Firearm Training Courses teach you the safety principle and help you develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude that are needed to successfully pursue your shooting interests. Using the NRA training method of Total Participant Involvement, basic courses provide hands on learning opportunities in the following areas:
- Safe firearm handling
- Firearm parts and operation
- Ammunition and its function
- Shooting fundamentals and an opportunity to develop them on the range
- Selection, cleaning and storage of firearms
- Brief Review of various activities available to help participants develop and improve their shooting skills, including;
- Marksmanship Qualification Program
- Advanced Training
Successful completion of all lessons and course objectives will earn students an NRA authorized completion certificate specific to each training discipline.
Certified NRA Instructors
www.dochollyday.com use only Certified NRA instructors when conducting these NRA Basic courses. The instructors providing this training will include individuals who have:
At a minimum, all certifications to lead the instruction for all Advanced NRA training courses normally taught in an instructor lead capacity, including Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and Personal Protection level training.
All lead instructors have at least five years experience conducting all of the courses being taught.
Many of our instructors do not limit their involvement with firearms expertise to the classroom. www.dochollyday.com are highly rated in competitions and work to improve the sport through dedicated activism efforts.