The NRA First Steps courses are sanctioned by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and conducted by Certified NRA instructors employed by www.dochollyday.com. These courses provide hands-on orientation to one specific rifle, pistol or shotgun model in as little as three hours, including an optional one-hour shooting session on a range.
What You Take Home
All NRA First Steps safety courses include a complete set of educational materials specific to the discipline being taught, including:
- Discipline specific handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules Brochure
- Basic Firearm Training Program Brochure
- Course Completion Certificate (if completed)
- Basic Practical Rocker (if earned) and Flyer
- Marksmanship Qualification Program Booklet
NRA First Steps Training Courses teach you how to safely handle either one specific Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun. These course are shortened versions of the standard Basic Pistol, Rifle and shotgun training courses, which are abbreviated by focusing on one particular type of firearm with the specified discipline. For example, a First Steps Pistol course could be focused on revolvers only, rather than covering other types of pistols such as semi-automatic versions. Using the NRA training method of Total Participant Involvement, First Steps courses provide hands on learning opportunities in the following areas:
- Safe firearm handling
- Firearm parts and operation
- Ammunition and its function
- Shooting fundamentals and an optional range session
- Cleaning and storage of firearms
- Brief Review of various activities available to help participants develop and improve their shooting skills.
Successful completion of all lessons and course objectives will earn students and NRA authorized First Steps completion certificate specific to each training discipline.
Certified NRA Instructors
www.dochollyday.com use only Certified NRA instructors when conducting these NRA First Steps courses.