- The tool of choice for personal protection is the pistol. In the hands of a well-trained operator, most potentially lethal engagement can be ended in less than one to two seconds. While significantly less, powerful than a rifle or shotgun, at short range, handgun mastery can make the pistol equally as effective in conflict resolution with an advantage of speed and constant availability. Dochollyday Tactical Solutions training is designed to teach and develop the fundamental handgun skills necessary should a lethal confrontation arise. Whether you are a citizen interested in self-defense or an experienced special forces operator, the basic handgun skills are exactly the same. The core of Dochollyday Tactical Solutions training is fast-paced live fire combat courses – Introductory training is no exception. Basic instruction emphasizes the following skills:
- Safe gun handling – Ingraining innate muzzle awareness is crucial for team operation, executive protection and operating in mixed foe/friend environments
- Marksmanship – the pistol demands exceptional accuracy for effectiveness.· Tactics in shot placement.
- Shooting in motion· Tactical/emergency reloads· Malfunction clearance.· Holster presentation
- Multiple shot/target accuracy
- After Action – The mindset to “remain in the fight” must be drilled to be effective as the natural reaction after an incident is to focus on “what has happened” rather than “what might happen next.”
- While listed as “basic skills” (and certainly suitable for those inexperienced with pistol), many skilled operators are dramatically deficient in these areas. This is clearly evidenced in most post-incident reports. Even S.W.A.T. trained police officers frequently have sub 20% shooting accuracy, surviving and succeeding only because of superior numbers and equipment.
Tactical Pistol Skills Training
This course is only provided to students who have previously completed a beginner handgun course. This course focuses entirely on improving long-range handgun marksmanship skills. Students will learn precision pistol shooting in two-handed and one-handed modes, and will learn the advanced concept of Bullseye shooting used in the CMP National Pistol matches.
Lesson DetailsClick To Read Details
Review of Handgun Fundamental
Stance / Sight Picture
Six O’Clock Hold
Review of Standing Handgun Shooting Positions
Advanced Trigger Control Concepts
Coin on slide
Coin on sight
Advanced Sight Alignment Concepts
Bullseye Shooting Course of Fire Description
Course of Fire Rules & Timing
Review Range safety rules
Warm-up Dry-fire drill
Warm-up Live-fire drill
Complete Bullseye Course of Fire
Scoring and Critique
The following forms will need to be printed out and brought with you to the qualification/class:
Please fill out the CA DOJ affidavit and legal contract prior to class.